The only building still remaining from Camp Totocano was the camp dinning
hall and kitchen. Camp Totocano belonged to the Santa Clara, San Benito & Monterey Bay Council #55 during 1927-1928.
Then the camp belonged to the Santa Clara County Council #55 from 1929 to 1934 after Santa Cruz, San Benito
and Monterey Counties were cast off in 1929. The Monterey Bay Area Council #25 was chartered with the National
Council on April 20, 1933 and incorporated on December 13, 1938.
After 1934 the Santa Clara County Council #55 had another camp just up the road
from Camp Totocano. Camp Arroyo Sequoia operated from 1935 until it was damaged by a bad winter
storm and flooding in 1940. In 1941 it was replaced with Camp Hi Sierra.
Both Camp Totocano and Camp Arroyo Sequoia were located in small parts of
what is now the 3,280 acre Swanton Pacific Ranch. In 1993 the ranch was willed to San Luis Obispo by Al Smith, founder of Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH).
The old dinning hall in Camp Totocano is now the machine shop for the Swanton
Pacific Railroad on the ranch.
The Monterey Bay Area Council #25 opened makeshift Camp Wing in Big Sur State Park